what are contents of complete specification of patent
Complete Specification of patent
Submission of complete specification is necessary to obtain a patent. A patent specification discloses the details of the invention for which the patent protection is sought. The legal rights in a patent are based on the disclosures made in the specification.
The complete specification has following elements:
You can check some granted patents from website of Indian patent office by clicking link here http://ipindiaonline.gov.in/patentsearch/Search/index.aspx
Documents required for filing of A Patent Application
- Covering letter- indicating the list of documents;
- Application for Grant of Patent in Form 1 [section 7, 54 & 135 and Rule 20(1)] in duplicate;
- Complete/Provisional specification in Form 2 in duplicate [Section 10; Rule 13]
- Statement and Undertaking in Form 3 [Section 8; Rule12];
- Power of Attorney in Form 26 (in original) (Rule 3.3 (a) (ii)); (if filed through attorney)
- Declaration of Inventor-ship in Form 5 (only in case of an Indian Application; (Rule 4.17);
- Request for examination: Form 18
- Requisite Statutory fees ( cheque / DD).
- Request for publication. This is optional (form 9) if express publication is required.
Form 28 only required to be submitted by small entity
Types of Patent Application:
There are different types of patent application that can be files based on timing, desired territory for protection and number of inventions.
to know what is right type of patent application that will protect your invention you can reach patent attorney and patent agents here.